Information for Referring Doctors
Phone: (614) 292-1472
Fax: (614) 688-3553
Scheduled patients will not be seen without a written referral from their dentist.
Referrals are valid four (4) months from the date written above. After four (4) months, a new referral will be needed.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery welcomes your referral. Our board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons and dedicated staff are committed to providing your patients with the highest quality of patient care and services.
Please note, we do require all referrals to be in writing, and to include the patient’s name, date of birth, insurance information, reason for referral/planned treatment, brief health history, and the referring doctor’s contact information. Most referrals come to the Division via fax, but secure email, hand-carried, and mailed referrals are also acceptable. Our fax number for referrals is 614-292-1103. The Division has a standardized Referral Form but does not require its use.
Patients should be advised to contact us at 614-292-2212 two-three business days after their referral has been sent to check on the status of their referral and schedule their initial consultation.
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Services
Our highly experienced professional pathologists have provided dentists and physicians with microscopic diagnoses for tissue biopsies for more than 40 years.
Diagnoses you can trust:
- Knowledgeable pathologists with a combined 80-plus years of experience.
- The oldest continuous oral biopsy service and only graduate oral pathology training program in Ohio.
- Patient specimens independently reviewed by two boarded oral pathologists.
- State-of-the-art testing; including direct immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization and molecular analysis insures diagnostic accuracy.
- Close collaborative ties with pathology specialists at the OSU Wexner Medical Center, including dermatopathology and hematopathology.
- Clinical consultations available for your patients with board-certified oral pathologists.